2 chicken breasts
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups of Italian Mix cheese
2 cups of heavy cream
1 can (15 oz) crushed/diced tomatoes
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
4 T of butter, cut up into small squares/dabs
12-16 ounces of cooked penne pasta
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks.
- Place 1 T of oil in heated skillet. When oil is heated, drop 1 clove of minced garlic in pan. Stir for about 30 secs to 1 min. Do not let garlic brown.
- Add chicken chunks to the pan. Cook chicken in batches until almost cooked through. Do not overcook.
- Set cooked chicken aside and let cool slightly.
- Mix heavy cream, 1 ½ cups of the cheese, tomatoes and chopped basil leaves in large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add cooked chicken to heavy cream mixture and then place in casserole.
- Place the dabs of butter throughout top of casserole and cover with remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 min or until heavy cream mixture is bubbly.
Adapted from a recipe by Ina Garten